Learn From the Expert Volume 2: Applique FUNdamentals
Designs in Machine Embroidery is excited to bring you the second in a series of skill-building DVD's that are sure to put new embroiderers at ease and build confidence in seasoned embroiderers.
Appliques are quick-stitching and provide impressive results. Follow along with embroidery expert Deborah Jones in this 30-minute DVD as she shares timesaving tips and simple steps that make machine appliqué easy and fun.
In this 30-minute DVD you'll learn
- What fabrics can be used for appliqué
- How to prepare fabrics so you get beautiful results
- Two appliqué methods - Cut-as-you-go and Pre-Cut
- Software settings for creating your own flawless appliqué designs
Following Deborah's instructions, you'll avoid:
- Wrinkled appliqués
- Appliques that pull loose at the edges of the stitching
- Fabric coming unhooped while cutting around an appliqué shape
- Satin-stitch appliqués that leave fabric peeking out
After viewing this DVD, you'll consistently create striking appliques that last the life of the garment, or any item they are applied to. Whether complex or simple, silly or elegant, you'll be confident that every appliqué you stitch will last and last - and look as good as the day you stitched it.
- 30+ Minutes of instruction
- 5 Applique designs
- Printable Appliqué Tip Sheet