Luxurious Quilt Batting
80% Cotton 20% Wool Blend
The Smith family and friends love the new Luxurious 80/20 Quilt Batting from Designs in Machine Embroidery and you will too!
They value the luxury, warmth and the loft of this 80% fine cotton and 20% superwash wool batting. Plus this blend resists bunching and fiber migration. We all know there’s nothing worse than a lumpy quilt!
Luxurious Batting 80% FINE COTTON 20% SUPERWASH WOOL
Hand selected to complement embroidery machine quilting.
Perfect for the shortE frame system.
- Quilts up to 4” apart
- Resin bonded
- Breaths naturally
- Queen Size: 96” x 108”
NOTES: COTTON blended with WOOL is a relatively new concept for quilting projects today. You will find that is has its own unique characteristic and performance. It is recommended that you make a few samples to learn what settings work best with your machine to achieve your desired result. Above all, COTTON and WOOL are natural fibers and are highly renewable and more environmentally friendly than most manmade fibers.
Why Use Cotton/Wool Blend?
- This blended Cotton and Wool batting is great for machine and hand quilting.
- The addition of Wool creates beautiful drape and softness without compromising the stability of the batting.
- Great for an everyday use quilt or an Heirloom project.
- This Cotton/Wool blend resists bunching and fiber migration.
- Adding Wool creates more loft, which will remain in the project giving greater detail to the stitching pattern.
- Can be quilted up to 4” apart while allowing the batting to remain stable in completed projects.
- Great for wall-hangings where stitch pattern visibility is desirable.
USE WITH MEDIUM OR DARK FABRICS
Since the cotton in this batting is unbleached, it is recommended that this batting be used with medium to dark fabrics to avoid shadowing through light fabric. Simply test your fabrics with the batting between the layers to ensure your satisfaction.
USE AND CARE
- It is not necessary to prewash this batting, it can be used straight from the package. During the manufacturing process, the batting has been subjected to medium heat, which provides a limited amount of pre-shrinkage.
- Quilts with this blend of fibers can be washed many times and should get softer over time.
- Always wash on a gentle cycle using only cold water and gentle detergent.
- After washing, flat drying at room temperature is highly recommended. If placed in a dryer, use the air dry option.
- Avoid folding or wrinkling until completely dry.
CERTIFICATION IS MADE BY THE MANUFACTURER THAT ALL THE MATERIALS IN THIS ARTICLE ARE DESCRIBED IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW
REG. NO. TX 5701
Distributed by Designs in Machine Embroidery Dallas, Texas 75220
- NOT NECESSARY TO PREWASH
- APPROX LOFT: 1/4” - 3/8”
- SHRINKAGE: 3-5%
- MAXIMUM DISTANCE BETWEEN STITCHES: 4”
- Prewashing or soaking is not recommended Gentle washing and flat drying of the completed project is recommended